Moms Of Boys Forum Index Moms Of Boys

Click "Register" to join. Once logged in, to post a new topic, click 'new topic' at the top or bottom of the message board. To post a reply, click on the original post listed, and then click 'post reply' at the top of the screen.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for support

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mom2Alex

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Looking for support Reply with quote

Hello All,
I am a single mom to a 5 year old boy (Alex). When I was pregnant, I really hoped for a girl as I figured I would have no idea what to do with a boy. I was right... I was raised by my single mom with sisters. I had no grandfather or other male role model in my life. I feel at a complete loss in understanding my son Sad The energy, the physical play, interest in guns and cars, etc. As he gets older, I find myself at more and more of a loss as to relating to him. So a google search later and here I am....
Granola

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

....welcome sweetie. I'm sory you are having a hard time. Something to think about. Make sure you are not putting your regrets in the way you are looking at your son, beings he wasn't the daughter you wanted. Yes, boys are different. Having said that, I don't know what the hell I'd do with a girl, I have three grown sons, LOL!!! Try to look for the postives in this. If it continues to overwhelm you I suggest you talk to a counsler of some sort to help you out. You will be fine. Hang in there!!
oddmomout

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I have two teenage boys 13 and 17. I too always thought of having a girl, but I have really enjoyed my boys. That is not to say that I am not still trying to figure them out most of the time! lol You just have to let him lead the way. You would be surprised what he can teach you! I enjoyed sports as a young girl so it wasn't so hard for me to relate. You might be surprised how much you can enjoy tossing a ball in the backyard. I taught both my sons to hit a baseball. Only problem is I am a leftie and they are both righties. I only know one way to bat and that's what I taught them. Husband wasn't too thrilled when he figured this out, but hey I was the one in the backyard pitching the ball while he was at work. Hang in there. Boys can be such a joy in so many ways.
Tav Mom

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, and welcome!! You've come to the right place!! I've been coming here for awhile and it's been good to me!! Smile Boys are so in the moment. Crazy. High energy. But, very emotional. I've had a really good time with boys. It's being a parent in and of itself that is hard for me!
Keegan-7/06
Tarik- 7/08
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moms Of Boys Forum Index -> Saying Hi! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: