Moms Of Boys Forum Index Moms Of Boys

Click "Register" to join. Once logged in, to post a new topic, click 'new topic' at the top or bottom of the message board. To post a reply, click on the original post listed, and then click 'post reply' at the top of the screen.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Evil child

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moms Of Boys Forum Index -> Raising Boys Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GolferMom

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Evil child Reply with quote

How do you deal with a mother whose son is a bully, yet always takes her child's side? One minute she's bragging (ad nauseum) to anyone who happens to be within earshot how talented, intelligent, etc this kid is and the next she is referring to him as her 'Evil Child'. However, if you approach her to discuss her son's latest transgression, she screams like a mental patient and threatens to sue you!

Anyone else care to share??
mom3boys

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you avoid her? With friends like this guy, who needs enemies? Perhaps next time she calls him "evil child," you can smile sweetly and say, "yes, bless his heart...I see that in him. Character development is tough, but I'm sure you have a plan in place to mold him into the child you want him to be."
Don't be a doormat to this gal; but don't be too snarky either. She doesn't know what to do w/ him, but doesn't want to admit there's a problem. If she doesn't reign him in now, there's going to be holy hell in a few years. You can tell her about my neighbors kid....what a baby, then a brat, then a troublemaker...now he's a felon (out on bail). Bad behavior has to be managed--it doesn't just go away.

Good luck!
Mom3Boys (24, 22, 16)
Tav Mom

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mom3boys wrote:
Can you avoid her? With friends like this guy, who needs enemies? Perhaps next time she calls him "evil child," you can smile sweetly and say, "yes, bless his heart...I see that in him. Character development is tough, but I'm sure you have a plan in place to mold him into the child you want him to be."
Don't be a doormat to this gal; but don't be too snarky either. She doesn't know what to do w/ him, but doesn't want to admit there's a problem. If she doesn't reign him in now, there's going to be holy hell in a few years. You can tell her about my neighbors kid....what a baby, then a brat, then a troublemaker...now he's a felon (out on bail). Bad behavior has to be managed--it doesn't just go away.

Good luck!
Mom3Boys (24, 22, 16)

Exactly what she said!! Very Happy
Keegan-7/06
Tarik- 7/08
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moms Of Boys Forum Index -> Raising Boys Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: