Moms Of Boys Forum Index Moms Of Boys

Click "Register" to join. Once logged in, to post a new topic, click 'new topic' at the top or bottom of the message board. To post a reply, click on the original post listed, and then click 'post reply' at the top of the screen.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Having third boy- Need positive stories of adult sons please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moms Of Boys Forum Index -> Raising Boys Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raven

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Having third boy- Need positive stories of adult sons please Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
I am new to this site, but when I read the posts, I often feel like I am reading my own journal. We have two fantastic boys that are 6 and 9. I really wanted a third child, and it was very hard for my husband to agree to having a third. We conceived a child in June, and the pregnancy was sooooo different, that I had all these hopes of having a girl.
I have the best of times with my sons- they snuggle, garden, wrestle and just plain love me. I am not sure why I wanted a girl so badly, but I think I have some strong ideas of what having a daughter would be like. When I get the most sad of not having a girl, it is the idea of the future. I know I can't predict the future, but I have been told repeatedly "son till he gets a wife, daughter for life", and I cry every time. I know our kids will be independent as adults- but do we really lose our closeness with our sons? Can you please share your advice or stoies on having a close relationship with their adult sons? I appreciate you taking the time, I have been struggling the past few weeks since I found out it was a boy, and I would love some positive energy to help me get excited about welcoming this baby into the world. Thanks so much everyone!
Lily

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Raven,

I've read your message and I wanted to let you know that I had the same feeling when I was expecting my third child. Your quote about "son till he gets a wife, daughter for life" bursted me also in tears when I was pregnant (and sometimes it still does). Some people are just unnecessary hard and ignorant.

However, I am also quite stressed about the future when my three little ones are grown up. How will i cope by not having the opportunity by sharing my girly experiences about life, clothing, and make up. So I hope something will respond to your request...

I will check the forum now regularly.

Lily
mamaD

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Positive stories of adult sons Reply with quote

Hi, I am the mom of nine grown sons, the oldest is 35 and the youngest is 16. Of the nine, four are married and our eighth born gets married this May.
The good news is, is that you don't have to lose a son when he marries. I have learned that the bridge to be built, is to genuinely love whom they have chosen as their life's mate. Are there new boundaries to acknowledge, yes, but with humility and being more concerned about their needs than your own a very solid and lasting bridge can be built. Each one of my daughter in laws is a treasure, but I have had to learn to listen and understand where they are coming from ( their life experiences etc.) and then intentionally look for ways to give to them that touches their hearts. In doing so, I keep my sons' hearts and well as some brand new ones.
SassySue

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven, to answer your question about how your son(s) will be when they are older....look toward your husband/their father. His relationship with his mom will be what your son's relationship is with his you. Kids learn by example, what kind of relationship do you have with your MIL? Deep thoughts right? As I say this I cringe at my husbands relationship with his mom, and my relationship with my MIL.

yulback

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How will i cope by not having the opportunity by sharing my girly experiences about life, clothing, and make up???
http://testking.biz
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Potter
yulback

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How will i cope by not having the opportunity by sharing my girly experiences about life, clothing, and make up???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moms Of Boys Forum Index -> Raising Boys Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: