Moms Of Boys Forum Index Moms Of Boys

Click "Register" to join. Once logged in, to post a new topic, click 'new topic' at the top or bottom of the message board. To post a reply, click on the original post listed, and then click 'post reply' at the top of the screen.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is appropriate punishment?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moms Of Boys Forum Index -> Raising Boys Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LadyAmpherion

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:07 pm    Post subject: What is appropriate punishment? Reply with quote

When you tell your child not to do something and they still do it, what is appropriate punishment?

At (15) years old (16 in August), this is the first time my child has openly defied me. I am at a loss and don't know how to approach this.
piamont

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: What is appropriate punishment? Reply with quote

LadyAmpherion wrote:
When you tell your child not to do something and they still do it, what is appropriate punishment?

At (15) years old (16 in August), this is the first time my child has openly defied me. I am at a loss and don't know how to approach this.

The most basic punishments for teens are often grounding by restricting them from going out with their friends for some time or withholding their privileges like using the internet, cellphone and decreasing their allowances. You should also be considerate with giving punishments though, making it appropriate according to the level of their misbehaving. If your teen is showing signs of extreme defiant behavior and the like, then I guess any punishment will only be useless since it would only trigger more negative behavior from his part. You might want to consider providing him with professional help though or consider this thought. They might help you with understanding your son's behavior. I hope that helps. Smile

Last edited by piamont on Thu May 10, 2012 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Crosby

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey...
Nice link shared...
Its a great site for getting the information...
Thank you for sharing this great informative stuff here...
IoanIancu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: What is appropriate punishment? Reply with quote

In my experience, the majority of parents who resort to smacking their child do so when they feel they are losing control of a situa­tion and their temper snaps.
Tav Mom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you talk to them calmly? Ask them why? We raise our kids in a non-violent way. So no hitting. Total respect. If you want them to talk to you, you talk to them. Listen to them, no matter what.
Keegan-7/06
Tarik- 7/08
abeeha666

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just joined this forum thanks to your post! I have three boys of my own, and understood what you mean about our perceptions of having kids. I know my perception is currently wrong.... very wrong!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moms Of Boys Forum Index -> Raising Boys Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: