Moms Of Boys Forum Index Moms Of Boys

Click "Register" to join. Once logged in, to post a new topic, click 'new topic' at the top or bottom of the message board. To post a reply, click on the original post listed, and then click 'post reply' at the top of the screen.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mom of 3 boys - soon to be 4!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
erinmcs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Mom of 3 boys - soon to be 4! Reply with quote

Hello! I just came across this website, and think it's great! I have 3 wonderful boys (7, 5, and 3), and recently found out my 4th (due in October) is also a boy. I am so excited to have another, but I have to admit a part of me is really sad to not ever have a girl (this baby will be my last). Did anyone else go through the same emotions? I feel like everywhere I go, I see moms with their cute little girls, buying cute little outfits, and find myself getting envious. I know once my 4th is born my feelings will change and I'll love him whole-heartedly, but that's not to say I still won't miss having a little girl.
I think starting up a MOB group is a great idea (there aren't any in Knoxville right now), so hopefully I'll be successful in getting one up and running.
Anyway, glad to be a part of a website with such wonderful women!
Erin
Granola

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....sweetie , do some back pedaling and you will see a whole thread on what it feels like not to have girls. I'm fixing dinner so I can't find it for you but go find it, it's worth your time. Welcome! Smile
erinmcs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I've since come across some of those posts. It's encouraging to read the moms of grown boys who say they wouldn't have changed a thing. I know I'll pull out of this "slump" once the baby is born, but like another person posted earlier, it's still just a little too "raw".
Granola

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....you will be fine sweetie!!!! I promise. Don't deny your feelings. Of course it is raw to you, we grow up with hopes and expectations. My oldest has a best friend with two little girls. I just bought them tye dye dress's and sent them to them. Smile I have my little girl fix. We have ways to handle things.
pepmah78

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome! Just remember your in GOOD company here! Good luck with starting a group. If it wasn't for playdates, I would lose my mind! If your looking for something in your area you should look on Meetup.com . That is were I found my playgroups.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moms Of Boys Forum Index -> Saying Hi! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: