Moms Of Boys Forum Index Moms Of Boys

Click "Register" to join. Once logged in, to post a new topic, click 'new topic' at the top or bottom of the message board. To post a reply, click on the original post listed, and then click 'post reply' at the top of the screen.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie saying Hello!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NatoMom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Newbie saying Hello! Reply with quote

I'm Laurie. I've been married 8 years this September to my DH, Rob. He has 3 children - 2 sons & 1 daughter and together we have one son - Nathan who just turned 3 last Thursday. The year he was born his birthday fell on Father's Day. My DH when we married was sure he had all the kids he wanted. I did not have any. I was back and forth with that - but had resided my self to that being what I thought was consequences for some life choices (this is my 3rd marriage) - I was gonna be alone late in my life. But God heard the cry of my heart and blessed us with a baby - a boy! I am first born of 3 girls - what to do w/a boy?? I was so excited that I was gonna get to have a child - dreamed a little of a girl (remembering fondly relationship w/my Mom, who passed away 1992, and sisters) - found out we were having a boy and was a little concerned I'd not know what to do with a boy. But still get choked up w/how Great God is realizing how he has blessed me with Nathan's presence. I've always heard though that boys are closer to Mom (though at a fairly early age they want to be just like Daddy) while girls are closer to Daddy (thus Daddy's little girl)....
Right now in our home I am out numbered as Timothy, my 19 year old SS lives with us - but in a little less than a month he will be off to boot camp in Paris Island - will be a Marine. We do have a dog, but Sadie is a female yellow lab. My joke was that the household needed to be balanced in gender! LOL I also joke about my new favorite color being pink so I don't forget I'm a female! ROF
I've enjoyed reading some of the posts so far on this site and while I don't have multiple boys (having my one in my 40s is quite enough for me!) I definitely relate to much of the discussions I've read here - like wanting my son to be able to completely take care of himself from cleaning up to cooking for himself when he leaves our home to getting the balance right w/DH helping out on weeknights since we both work outside our home - and the boundless energy of a young boy! WOW - can't wait til some one figures out how to bottle that I could use some for myself!

I look forward to getting know you ladies here and having a source of support and laughter at raising sons! As well as good ole communication - the female way! Laughing
Tav Mom

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!!! I'm Kathy from AZ. How old is your little guy? I come from a mixed family. I'm the oldest girl, then my sister and then I have 2 brothers. I have always seemed to relate to boys better. I'd be way too nervous with a girl! Wink
Keegan-7/06
Tarik- 7/08
NatoMom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My little guy - Nathan turned 3 on the 19th.

Mom to Nathan(3); Step-Mom to James(25), Tara(22), & Timothy (19)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moms Of Boys Forum Index -> Saying Hi! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: