Moms Of Boys Forum Index Moms Of Boys

Click "Register" to join. Once logged in, to post a new topic, click 'new topic' at the top or bottom of the message board. To post a reply, click on the original post listed, and then click 'post reply' at the top of the screen.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with bedwetting!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moms Of Boys Forum Index -> Raising Boys Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
erinmcs

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject: Help with bedwetting! Reply with quote

My 7 1/2 year old still wets his bed - pretty much on a nightly basis. (it's a rare occasion that he wakes up and his pull-up is dry). My 5 year old has been dry at night pretty much since he's been potty trained. I'm scared my 3 year old will be in the same boat as my 7 year old since he's pretty consistently wet at night too (although he stays drier more often). We try to limit the 7yr olds fluids at night, and we wake him up to go pee before we go to bed. We've even set our alarms at 1am and 4am to wake him up to pee, and he'll still wake up wet! My pediatrician says not to worry, but how can I not? Especially since he's at an age where his friends are starting to invite him over for sleepovers. Any suggestions???
Tav Mom

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked it up on the net and saw this one:http://parentcenter.babycenter.com/0_bed-wetting-101_67974.pc

My 4yo is the one that still wets at night. We use overnights and call them his night time undies. I saw a commercial that pampers has a new night time underwear that fits like underwear and isn't so big.

Try not to worry too much. He'll get thru this.
Keegan-7/06
Tarik- 7/08
racerswife94

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 5 yr old still pees at night too. I know there is a pill that will help them but I don't know the name.

I had another mom tell me to try to help them strengthen the bladder by giving them lots to drink but have them hold it when they have to go to the bathroom. She said to have them hold it for 10 minutes but I have my DS hold it for longer. She said to do it 2 x a week for 6 weeks. I have tried to be consistent but I often forget. Sounds like a good idea though
OnlyPinkOne

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we did the potty alarm, didn't work

the visualization book, worked some but not really

tried applied kinesiology, didn't work, although, taping a grain of rice to the outside of his pinkie fingers, kind of helped.

Good luck, he didn't grow out of it until his teens!
flgemi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Potty Alarm Reply with quote

When you say potty alarm, do you mean the sensor that senses wetness and wakes the child up? I'm curious because my 3 year old has never been dry at night, but my oldest was literally dry after 1st week of potty training. I know I have a long way to go with 3 year old, but his cousin is much older and still wetting bed...so I expect this to go on some time with 3 year old. Thx. Love your name, onlypinkone..... Very Happy
OnlyPinkOne

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, it's the sensor alarm thing. The only ones it woke up, was us, LOL. Good luck, it's a hard issue to deal with, but really is beyond their control. My other two never had problems at all.

And, yes, I do wear ALL the pink in the house too, my favorite color once I had my 3rd boy. SOMEBODY had to balance out the laundry Shocked Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moms Of Boys Forum Index -> Raising Boys Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: