Moms Of Boys Forum Index Moms Of Boys

Click "Register" to join. Once logged in, to post a new topic, click 'new topic' at the top or bottom of the message board. To post a reply, click on the original post listed, and then click 'post reply' at the top of the screen.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Losing it big time!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moms Of Boys Forum Index -> Raising Boys Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linda

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Losing it big time!!! Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad I dont know if it is my hormones but I cant take it I have been yelling at my kids allllllllll morning, My 4 and1/2 year old is pushing my buttons so bad He cant keep his hands to himself he keeps pushing and hitting and even punching his brothers I cant take it no matter what I say or do he ends up doing it again a short time later, he will say well he was on my side or I didnt want him to touch the toy and Im like I told you if you have a problem you come to me, No threat big or small will stop him. sometimes he is the most amazing sweet cuddly little boy in the world but sometimes I think he has some kind of behavioral problem, I just screamed so hard I swear im gonna go into labor now I feel like a horrible mom for screamimg, they must be wondering what the heck is wrong with ME!!! I love them so much but God they are really pushing every button. what does it take for them to listen to me. What am I doing wrong as a parent, I swear I feel like I yell every ten minutes or so, they must think im some kind of monster when I scream Mad I dont want them to feel like that, I just want some sort of discipline. I want them to play and have fun even if its a mad house but I wish they would stop hitting I know there is always gonna be fighting but hitting why!!! I tried telling them hands are for hugging and when they hit I ask them what are hands for and they say hugging so they know that then why why why aggggghhhhhhhhhh, I really need some down time!!!! thanks for listening I feel so much better its nice to vent things out it gives you some time to slow down Wink
sharon
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the kind of day you're having before!! All too familiar. Screaming is not a good thing, but sometimes you have to or you will - literally I think - explode. I've done my fair share. My husband has this deep,gruff voice and all he has to do is say something to them, but they seem to ignore my voice unless I raise it -- sometimes not even that works.
I'm sure all the neighbors hear half our arguments, but hey, I figure that's life.
I find myself thinking about that scene in "Monsters, Inc." when they record Sully, the monster scaring someone, and how he sees a recording of it and never realized how mean he looks when he yells like that.
Sully softens after that.
But hey, Sully never had sons.
Anyway, just remember not to say anything hurtful to them in your frustration and anger and to always be in control when it comes to dealing with them physically.
My boys can be very cuddly and then fighting, just like yours. From one extreme to the other. But it's good they show that cuddly side.
I hope tomorrow will be better for you. Do something for yourself. Every now and then, I pop out for a late movie that I've been wanting to see that nobody else in my family has wanted to see. It's really refreshing.
Laura

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: rough days... Reply with quote

I only have two boys (I am also brand new to the group..) and I can relate to the feelings posted earlier. There are days when I get so frustrated I don't even know how to pray about it! My boys are are 3 and 15 months. They are beautiful and wonderful and angelic when they sleep, but the three year old tries my patience. I imagine the stage we are in is normal, but I can't walk out of the room with out hearing, "mommy". I try to remember that there are women out there that would do anything to hear those sweet words, but it is hard when you hear it more than once every 60 seconds. He seems to be afraid to be anywhere alone. We have recently moved to another state, but it started before the move. He is easily bored and plays too rough with the youngest. I am looking forward to learning more about things to do with these little guys. My heart goes out to the expecting mom...some of what you are experiencing is probably hormones. As my dad says, "This too shall pass", things will get better, you won't give up and your boys will benefit from that. Laura
sitka

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: from one mom to another Reply with quote

I have 3 boys 13,10 and 7 and when they were much younger and things got overwhelming I got assurance in knowing first of all that most of what I was going through was normal,especially at the ages of your young ones...sometimes when we as parents are overwhelmed we forget what our little ones might be experienceing in any given moment of their days. I would as I do today look at the entire situation...are they tired,wired,bored,not feelng well...I usually can use diversion to solve the problem, a movie or change of pace or scenery works well when kids are not getting along.For the the younger years I practiced the fine art of diversion for those extra overwhelming times...packing them up and going for a walk, separating them with different activities and sometimes putting them down for naps.....lastly calling in on the help of grandma or an aunt or friend .I had good people around to tell me I was normal and my feelings were valid...children are incredibly forgiving and when they know they are loved you need not worry about the odd burst of emotion you are going to have . It's normal and having a good network of support is so incredbly important...Reaching out as you have is awesome and shows an enormous amount of love for you little ones!! Good wishes for your new baby on the way!! Sitka
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moms Of Boys Forum Index -> Raising Boys Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: