Moms Of Boys Forum Index Moms Of Boys

Click "Register" to join. Once logged in, to post a new topic, click 'new topic' at the top or bottom of the message board. To post a reply, click on the original post listed, and then click 'post reply' at the top of the screen.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mom of 3 Boys in Florida

View previous topic :: View next topic  
flgemi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Mom of 3 Boys in Florida Reply with quote

Hi everyone! I have three sons, ages 6, 3, and 8 weeks! I have never joined a "mommy group" or chatted online with any other moms, but this site keeps me coming back, so I figured I'd post.

For my first two sons, I didn't care what I was having. Actually I was almost relieved I was having boys out of fear of not being a good "girl" mom. But the third pregnancy was so very different from the others and I was just certain I was having a girl. I even went so far as to plan a girl nursery, jewelry, clothes, etc. A month before my sonogram, my mother in law told my husband about a dream where she saw a dark haired little boy with lots and lots of hair (my first two were blond and bald). Needless to say, the sonogram showed she was right, a third boy, who was born with lots and lots of dark hair by the way).

I was not at all disappointed. I'm a little superstisious and felt that there was a reason I had all boys. I was very happy. My only concern, the one reason I really wanted a girl was because my oldest is from a previous relationship and is my husband's step-son. My oldest goes to his dad's every other weekend and I didn't want my middle and youngest, my husband's sons, to form a bond while the other was away and for all this to create divisions. We try so hard to only do special things when we're all together, etc. The sibling rivalry is my greatest challenge right now. Anyways...I've rambled on and on....

This site seems great and I look forward to getting to know everyone!

flgemi
Tav Mom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome and congratulations on your new little guy!!
Keegan-7/06
Tarik- 7/08
pepmah78

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! I'm so glad that you joined. One warning... this site is addictive!
3BOYMOMMY

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh 8 weeks old is so precious!I feel like that was yesterday--now my youngest boy just turned 1! Other than the cute and cuddle stuff, I miss putting him in one place and him staying there--my little one is trying to keep up with big brothers and is giving me daily heart attacks! Congratulations and welcome!
flgemi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: 8 week old Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies. I never really enjoyed the baby stage...but since I know this is my last baby, I've really tried to slow down and enjoy him. Is that possible with 6 & 3 year old older brothers???? I'm wondering about that as I write it. See you on the board.
3BOYMOMMY

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stuggled with the same juggle when my little guy was new. He may be our last, but since we had 3 in 3 years I am not ready to go there yet...
but I wanted to soak him up! I keep reminding myself to take pictures of him, so he will also have photos in all his stages like his brothers. My older two were only 20 months and 3 years when he was born, so I still had the luxury of afternoon naps- that helped. now, the small peaceful time in the afternoon doesn't happen so much, as they get older. My saddest thing was missing his firsts, like rolling over and sitting up because I was busy with the others. I have video footage and all of the older 2 doing this, but no one even thought to bust out the video camera on the baby's 1st birthday!!! I hope he will forgive us!! The 3rd definintely grows quicker and does stuff sooner, much to my dismay. And the older 2 will un-childproof even your best efforts! Just try to roll with it and to laugh lots.. I already miss those days as crazy as they were (selective memory, right? LOL)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moms Of Boys Forum Index -> Saying Hi! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: