Moms Of Boys Forum Index Moms Of Boys

Click "Register" to join. Once logged in, to post a new topic, click 'new topic' at the top or bottom of the message board. To post a reply, click on the original post listed, and then click 'post reply' at the top of the screen.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Be careful with what your boys watch on tv!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moms Of Boys Forum Index -> Raising Boys Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pepmah78

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Be careful with what your boys watch on tv! Reply with quote

I walked into the boys toy room this morning to find that they had put the entire town of Sodor under WATER! Shocked
Apparently they had done it last night. They had seen on the news about a town that was flooded and wanted to recreate it with all there Thomas trains and tracks. EVERYTHING is ruined with the exception of the shell of the train table. All there tracks now are curved and the pieces won't fit together because they are so badly warped! I made DH come home from work because I seriously thought I was going to lose it! He ended up taking the steamvak to the carpet and was able to extract the majority of the water out of the floor. Needless to say they are grounded for the rest of the day! If there lucky I may let them out of there room for some lunch!
Ugh, my week isn't looking so good right now!
3BOYMOMMY

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no! That is so not the way for your week to start..I guess as the cliche goes, it will be funny someday, but wow! Let us know how the recovery effort goes. Thomas didn't stand a chance! Hang in there and toast his demise later with a glass of wine!
Tav Mom

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, man!!! That's hard!! But, what smart, creative little guys you have there. Recreating a flood. Pretty neat idea. Unfortunately, with the wrong stuff. What about getting a big plastic tub that they can take outside and fill it with plastic town stuff from the dollar store...?
Keegan-7/06
Tarik- 7/08
mom3boys

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and that track is so darn expensive!!! I've gotten rid of a ton of stuff, but that track is in the attic waiting for grandbabies to love it like my boys did!!
pepmah78

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tav Mom wrote:
Oh, man!!! That's hard!! But, what smart, creative little guys you have there. Recreating a flood. Pretty neat idea. Unfortunately, with the wrong stuff. What about getting a big plastic tub that they can take outside and fill it with plastic town stuff from the dollar store...?

They have one of those covered sandboxes that houses all there toys. We dump it out regularly and fill it with water so then can do what ever they can dream of in it. I think that they may have thought that the water would stay contained because it had four sides like the box outside. Ugh, boys!!!!
Me+3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inspired by Bob the Builder, my 2yo used a screwdriver to "fix" my laptop by prying one third of the letters off the keyboard.
pepmah78

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That happened last year. Dell was awesome and replaced my entire keyboard for FREE!!! They were grounded for 2 straight days for that one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moms Of Boys Forum Index -> Raising Boys Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: