Moms Of Boys Forum Index Moms Of Boys

Click "Register" to join. Once logged in, to post a new topic, click 'new topic' at the top or bottom of the message board. To post a reply, click on the original post listed, and then click 'post reply' at the top of the screen.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just Found Out Today...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
boyoboy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: Just Found Out Today... Reply with quote

Hello-
I've never, ever posted in a forum before this very minute! I'm so glad to have found this marvelous place for moms of boys. Reading through all of the previous posts helped me to get my feelings straight after finding out just this morning that #3 is going to be another boy (did I mention that this is a surprise baby anyway?).

I have no new material to add. Just that I, too, never thought I would be surrounded by men all of my life Very Happy My mom, just like me, was the third child with three brothers and no sisters. My husband is the oldest of three boys. But, really, I joked but always had hope that I would have at least one girl. I'm not too old to "try" again. I just don't want to "try". I think it might be teasing myself if I did.

I'm not really a girly girl but I do love and appreciate girly things. I love to sew and have collected darling little girl patterns that I long to make for my little one. But isn't it just as cute to dress up those little boys in matching sailor suits before they're too old to give you an opinion about it? Alas, I have found joy in teaching my first two cooking, sewing and crafts and anything that I would teach to a little girl. I have made pirate costumes and Peter Pan and all of the boy dress-up clothes and really, I think it is just as fun or, at least, that's what I tell myself Smile.

I'm just so glad to find all of you hear waiting to greet all of the lost moms of boys when we stumble on this site after dealing with our boys on a rough day or finding out that we are destined to be surrounded by testosterone forever after an ultrasound. How comforting it is to know that all of my shameful feelings I felt today are shared by so many others. I think now that I can bear it and enjoy it after reading through so many nice posts. I adore my boys and am certain that I will adore this next one too. Thanks for being here!
3Workmanboys

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm new to the site too! I felt just like you did when the third ultrasound came along. I have 3 boys and wouldn't have it any other way. Anthony is 12, Andrew will be 10 soon and Alexander (the great) is 7. I take solace in the fact that my sons don't have that high pitched shriek like my nieces do and the only PMS I will have to deal with in this house is my own. There is an older woman in our church that had 3 boys. She still has all her hair and sanity so I know there is hope! My favorite saying I tell people is "the reason I keep my hair pulled back is so I don't pull it out". I found transitioning from 1 to 2 boys was more difficult than from 2 to 3. I wish you the best.
mom3boys

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree w/ last post: 1-2=killer; 2-3=piece of cake.

I, too, loved sewing pretty little things; friends of girls never appreciated the smocked dresses and bonnets as much as I thought they should...but we had the BEST costumes here all the time! I am at the point that now I think about future (waaaay future) grand daughters...maybe, maybe...

Lisa
stephen, 20
Matt, 18
Scott, almost 13
boyoboy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are both so kind with your words and I do find consolation in knowing that the third slides in a bit easier. Thanks for your replies today as it has helped me get through this strange "mourning" thing that I am feeling after loosing a dream. Well, at least I could make some girlie clothes and things and sell them to get it out of my system Smile
3BOYMOMMY

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That mourning feeling you speak of is no joke! I felt that way after my ultrasound, and then I felt soooo guilty for feeling that way, as my baby was healthy. I didn't talk to anyone except my husband about it and as much as he felt sad with me, I don't know that he will ever fully know the magnitude of my sorrow. I just wish that I had found this site and some support earlier on, as the words of wisdom I have read here have really helped my heal myself! Congratulations and best wishes! The most fun I am finding about baby #3 is, as he experiences his firsts, my other 2 boys are just as excited as I am, and we cheer him on. That has been amazing! Hugs--stay strong, you are not alone, and as I wish someone told me, you are feeling NORMAL stuff!!
messybuthappy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also had a really tough time when I found out #3 was "another" boy. My husband (one of 5, yes 5, boys) couldn't help & I was not a happy camper for quite awhile. I totally agree that #3 was really easy to fit into the family. I guess that the routine of the first two isn't really interrupted much by the new arrival. Anyway, I sit here tonight with a total of 4 boys (5 if you include the husby) and have finally accepted my fate. It took a long time though. My best advise is that it is OK to be sad for awhile. Just know that as the years pass (mine are now 16, 14, 11 & Cool things get better. There's something special about having a crew of strong handsome boys at your side. PLUS, you never have to take out the garbage!! Another plus - nobody asks to borrow your new shoes!
Granola

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

........after three, it doesn't matter!!! Laughing I posted before that I read, somewhere, that a woman who had three let the others draw on the head of the third one with a non toxic majic marker!! Loved it!!!! Number three had some problems with his beliruben (SP) and we had to put him near the window in the sunshine. Every once in awhile, someone would say, " hey, has anyone turned Seth over", Laughing Good luck to you sweetie!!
pepmah78

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Granola wrote:
........ Number three had some problems with his beliruben (SP) and we had to put him near the window in the sunshine. Every once in awhile, someone would say, " hey, has anyone turned Seth over", Laughing Good luck to you sweetie!!

Laughing I can relate to this, all 3 of mine had jaundice also. Now they will go outside with me and lay in the sun. They say that they do it because they want to be like mommy, but I blame it on having to have them sun bath the first 2wks after they were born. Wink
Tav Mom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!! I do have to agree that 3 is easier. Now I have 4. We're still transitioning as he is still newborn. Ask me later when they are all older. hehe!!
Keegan-7/06
Tarik- 7/08
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moms Of Boys Forum Index -> Saying Hi! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: