Moms Of Boys Forum Index Moms Of Boys

Click "Register" to join. Once logged in, to post a new topic, click 'new topic' at the top or bottom of the message board. To post a reply, click on the original post listed, and then click 'post reply' at the top of the screen.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Children peeing on my carpet!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moms Of Boys Forum Index -> Raising Boys Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mom2XYs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Children peeing on my carpet! Reply with quote

So this has happened to me twice now... once last year with a little girl and today with a little boy...

Some friends of mine have come over to my house and brought their potty training children. The children play nicely together with my children. But they pee on the carpet and don't tell anyone. So I go on about my business, the play date ends, and I find the pee soaked in later on.

These particular children have a habit of doing this and the moms know about it. So my question is this...

"Isn't it rude to allow a potty training child with this situation to be loose in someone else's house? Don't you think these children should have on Pull Ups or something besides underwear alone if they come to my house? Would it be rude to tell the mom and ask her to make them wear plastic underwear or Pull Ups?"

Since this is happening with the children of friends, I have to be careful not to upset anyone. Confused
Tav Mom

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I would think that that would incredibly rude, firstly!!! I certainly would not let my boys do that in someone else's house. I don't think that you would be upsetting anyone by saying something. Do you have any tile areas that they can play in and maybe suggest that if they want to let them play there because of peeing on the floor issues.
Keegan-7/06
Tarik- 7/08
JCKmom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would ABSOLUTELY say something, they should bring their children in pull-ups or be very diligent about making sure they use the bathroom as soon as they walk in your door and then frequently after that to avoid anymore accidents, I think it's completely rude!
OnlyPinkOne

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed~! how utterly rude
creedpur

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can tell the parents to use diaper for their children. This will prevent the children from peeing anywhere in the part of the house. To remove the smell of the urine on the carpet, you can actually use baking soda and vinegar in cleaning it.
MommaBear

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I have never heard of such a thing. They certainly should be wearing pull up in my opinion. They can still learn potty training while wearing pull ups. I'm not sure how I would handle this if I were you. it might be a bit rude to confront the mothers but you can't just let it slide. Maybe just briefly mention it casually. They will likely be embarrassed about it. Other than that, try to find some good carpet cleaning companies Smile
punguta

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It happened very often, so I decided to wait until the children were old enough to use every time the toilet. I had to wait two years Smile After these unhappy events I renovated the entire house. The welding supplies made the work easier. In two week the house was like new, without any trace of pee on the carpets or floors.
prifdecop

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This posts is very informative. Thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moms Of Boys Forum Index -> Raising Boys Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: