Moms Of Boys Forum Index Moms Of Boys

Click "Register" to join. Once logged in, to post a new topic, click 'new topic' at the top or bottom of the message board. To post a reply, click on the original post listed, and then click 'post reply' at the top of the screen.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie of 2 weenies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davids-Coco

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Newbie of 2 weenies Reply with quote

Hi everyone.

We found out last Tuesday that we are indeed expecting another little boy this April. Our DS is currently 2 1/4 and will be nearly 3 when this baby arrives.

I know that gender disappointment is real, and I have dealt with some of it this week... we are 95% sure this is our last due to hard pregnancies and births. And I do feel guilty for it. But I also realize it is normal to need to mourn the stupid little things like frilly dresses, barbies, and all that. I guess now I need to focus on raising the best little men I can!

So here is my concern. I want this little boy to feel special. I have already had a hard time bonding during pregnancy and some depression issues, so the light at the end of the tunnel is sometimes hard to see. How do you make it special though? We have nearly everything we need, including way too much clothing. I just don't want this baby to feel like everything was always hand me down and they always got second best. How do you do it?

Thanks!
DS2 ~ EDD 4/21/08
Tav Mom

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!!! And congratulations on another little man!!!

I know that with my boys, they really don't pay attention to if things are hand me down or not. In fact, they could just be naked all day and not worry about clothes or anything like that. Toys are toys even if they have been used before. I wouldn't worry.

I am really pleased with having all boys. I never wanted to have a girl, but hubby did. So, I have seen him go through some rough adjustment periods. Just give yourself some time. Just know how much fun you are having with one boy, and then multiply it again because you are having another!!
Keegan-7/06
Tarik- 7/08
Granola

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: I have three...... Reply with quote

...wennies!!!! Laughing Well, if you count husband, that would be four!! They are all gone from home. When the thrid came along, bless his heart, it was like, "whatever" Laughing He did just fine sweetie. Each has a special place in your life. You WILL make his life special!!!! It is what we do. We are geared to do it. I, like Tax, didn't care if I had a girl. I am happy with all boys. I DO feel for my husband, as she said, because he would have liked to have had a girl. I'm about as ungirly as you can get. I don't know what I would have done with a girl. This is funny, I'm the reciepent of hand me downs from the boys, Laughing Over the years we gave them long flannel pants , made sure each got a pair, and I wear them now!!!! Don't stress about it sweetie, he will be fine, I promise!!!!!!!!I remember reading somewhere, can't remember where, that this woman had her first born and was really stressed about it, the care, feeding, etc. When her fourth came along the older ones were writing things on it's head with a magic marker!!!!! Laughing That cracked me up!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moms Of Boys Forum Index -> Saying Hi! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: