Moms Of Boys Forum Index Moms Of Boys

Click "Register" to join. Once logged in, to post a new topic, click 'new topic' at the top or bottom of the message board. To post a reply, click on the original post listed, and then click 'post reply' at the top of the screen.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who comes first?.......
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moms Of Boys Forum Index -> Raising Boys Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Granola

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....I've tried to be so strong! My eyes are full of tears right now. My oldest, the one who moved out to the west coast's, baby is due any minute. I can not be there right now. She has lot's of family so they will take care of things. We've rented a house on a lake and will be flying out there the end of March.YS has a baby due soon as well. We are having so many problems with my mentally impared sister,can't get help for her., anyway, it's a rollacoaster, happiness and saddness. She needs to get out of my house, just don't exactly know how. We have been to every agency we know of. Again, the rock of my life is my husband. Oh and hey, he has two wives now, just not with all the benefits, LOL!!!
Carol Covin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Mental illness is tough Reply with quote

You are doing just the right things, drawing support from others, coping, being compassionate for your sister and grateful for your husband's support.

We just had to move my bi-polar SIL out of my MIL's house because she was attacking MIL's caregivers. Turns out, we did not have to evict her. She was a guest because their father had let her stay there when she lost her job. You can ask guests to leave and the sheriff will help you enforce it. I learned that from my attorney brother.

She bought a house and has stopped drinking. We have our fingers crossed.

My heart goes out to you.
Granola

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...legally, I could kick her out today. We live in a rural area. Down the road , where it turns to dirt, people dump animals off all the time, (that is where I got two of my cats). I've given serious thought to taking her down there, LOL!! She is so pretty I'm sure someone would pick her up! I have a weird sense of humor, of course I'm not serious. LOL. She has no money, by design, we knew if mom left her anything she'd blow it on Lamcombe products so we give her an "allowance" from the estate. Had to tell her not to go apply for food stamps carrying her Louie Vattonen bag and her diamond earrings, LOL!!!!Husband is manager of the estate. We have divded everything in half, just none in her name so she can get some services. She does get medical care, free, through our local hospital. She goes all the time?!?!?!?! Not my worry. There is nothing medically wrong with her,she enjoys the attention from doctors. Hey, my next post may be from our regional mental hopstial, me admitted, LOL!!!!!
Carol Covin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Mental health in family Reply with quote

Sounds like you are following the same path. My SIL's inheritance was put in a trust for the same reasons, but a childless aunt left her some and when my DH gave her 30 days to move out, she took her attorney's advice and bought into this historically low housing market. Yeah! So, we have some confidence that the money has been invested well to put a roof over her head and she can, occasionally make rational decisions. She has been banned from her mother's house unless she can behave herself, with the threat of the sheriff if she can't.

Sounds like you are doing everything you can. Being the responsible one has its costs, but also its rewards. Sounds like we both know what compromised mental health looks like, and you ain't it. I used to think the rule for getting someone mental health services was they were a danger to themselves or others, but, it's still hard to get.
thinkpink

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that you are right, and I wish it was so, but in our household the boys take up so much of our time and energy that my dh and I barely have any time for each other. We have no family around to help or babysit and dh works a lot. The boys all have issues (ADHD etc.) and most of the time dh and I can't even speak a sentence to each other without being interrupted, let alone have a conversation. One babysitter can't handle the boys, and two get so expensive that we rarely go out together, maybe once a year. One boy is a night owl who rarely goes to sleep before 10:30 and the other two are early birds who are up before 4am every single day.
Granola

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..it's hard, I KNOW. With my three boys, each were different. MS could never go to sleep until the wee hours of the morning. He had songs, writings, etc that he had to get out of his mind before he could rest. He always slpet in his clothes. We finally decided to not fight the battle, let him be who he was. Yes, it's tireing, but it will NOT last forever, unless they never leave, LOL!!!!WE decided to have these children, they did not decide to enter our lives. We all do the best we can. You will wake up "next Tuesday" (In reference to Whimpy asking Popeye money to by a hamburger and he'd pay him next Tuesday, I don't know why the hell that has stayed in my mind all these yearsm LOL) They WILL be gone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moms Of Boys Forum Index -> Raising Boys Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: