Moms Of Boys Forum Index Moms Of Boys

Click "Register" to join. Once logged in, to post a new topic, click 'new topic' at the top or bottom of the message board. To post a reply, click on the original post listed, and then click 'post reply' at the top of the screen.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bonding with new baby boy - what worked for me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moms Of Boys Forum Index -> Raising Boys Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OntarioMom

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Bonding with new baby boy - what worked for me Reply with quote

I have read lots on here about the feelings of Moms who suddenly find themselves with a baby boy or another baby boy and mixed or negative feelings about not having a girl (often their last baby or last "try"). I have to admit that when we gave birth to our third son recently, I had some of those feelings for a brief period of time.
I LOVED our new son instantly and would not trade him - but he is our last and I had to let go of the thought of being Mom to a girl. I have lots to say on that topic, but will save it and stick to the topic of my post - bonding with baby. I thought it was appropriate to post what has worked for me exceptionally well in bonding with our youngest child and probably last baby. When our son was 6 days old my husband took our two younger children on a mini vacation (3 nights).
This time at home with our newest and youngest has been really good for me. I have had the chance to bond with him, spend quiet time, think about things, take pictures and sort through all his cute outfits and so on. I really like taking cute pictures and then sprucing them up on Picasa (free download) or Microsoft Picture-It. It is fun to post these or send them to family and friends. People have said nothing but positive things to me about the blessings of our newest addition. If anyone has mentioned the girl thing, it is me. I actually expected more reaction, but people know our family and our faith and that we will warmly welcome our new guy and have a great life together.
Another thing I had to do that could be a seperate post because I love the term is "purged the pink". I had been saving and collecting girl's clothes (some new but mostly gently used) since our first pregnancy. It was good for me to pass along the clothes but what was the BEST today was that a lady SWAPPED me a box of boy's clothes for a box of my purged-pink gear. It was so GREAT and so FUN to look through all the cute little outfits such as baby blue sleepers and fun summer onsies. I loved it.
I am ready to take on motherhood as a MOB - forever.
We'll see if I am so enthused when I have the whole gang to care for in the near future - but perhaps I will look back here to remind myself of how I switched gears or got in gear or however you want to say it.

The duty of attempting to raise some really neat little boys calls...

OntarioMom

Mom of:
JM - 6
JA - 4
KJ - 2
I LOVE BLUE!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Purge the Pink! Reply with quote

I stumbled across this page hoping to find at least one person who was having or had ever had feelings similar to mine. I have always dreamed of having a little girl and have collected PINK things for years (even before I had children). I have two plastic bins full of frilly pink (and other colors too) dresses, shoes, bows, blankets, and even a baby book for a little girl. Last November, I delivered my third child (a gender surprise) and looked down to see the most beautiful baby boy and my heart filled with joy. I loved Landry, as a BOY, from that moment on. For a split second I thought OH MY I HAVE SEEN THOSE PARTS BEFORE! But I took him in my arms and never once thought about it again. My life with three boys has been pure joy. I was pretty convinced that I was done having babies at that point. I told my husband that I would let him get fixed as soon as I dealt with (in my mind) the idea of NEVER having a daughter!
Well I came to terms with not having any more children and we started saving up our deductible money for insurance to get my husband fixed. About two weeks later, I realized that I was probably pregnant! I had my husband purchase an EPT and sure enough I was 5 weeks pregnant with baby #4! God sure has a sense of humor! I cried my eyes out at the news because I was sooooo worried I would get another boy and what would I do with another little boy!?! Well I am 17 weeks pregnant and was told at my 13 week sonogram that it was more than likely a BOY! I cried and have a couple times in the last month thinking about it. I still have those bins of clothes and I really need to part with them but I just can not bring myself to do it. Your story is so encouraging and I think that this might just be the group of people who can help me deal with my PINK issue and move on since this is definitely our LAST baby! Thanks for your honesty. I am really inspired that I too can switch gears and "purge the pink"!

Mom of:
Logan Todd (almost 6)
Lucas Ray (almost 4)
Landry Wayne (will be 1 next month)
and BABY BOY #4 (due March 2010)
OntarioMom

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Pink Reply with quote

I did the 4eact same thing as you in searhing he net afer having our3rd boy. I have thought about the "girl factor" ever day for almost 4 months. I strive to live in the moment and don't want it to tak a scare for me to do so. I don't even think I really HAVE to have a girl as much as I just "want it all". Anyway, I would like to stay updated or chat again. I have joined cafe mom as Momm-a-lyze.

OntarioMom

Mom of:
JM - 6
JA - 4
KJ - 2
mugundhan

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have sources for these?

Baby Boy Clothes
OntarioMom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How has everyone made out since these posts?

OntarioMom

Mom of:
JM - 6
JA - 4
KJ - 2
punguta

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These moments are so precious, but they are going too fast. I remember with great pleasure mines. Now my son has four years old and he goes daily to the Thornton CO day care. I miss those days we spent all day at home together.
eman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:57 am    Post subject: abc Reply with quote

very nice post i like this forum

pass4sure pass 4 sure
Certkiller 350-001 braindumps Certkiller 350-001 braindumps
Certkiller 70-662 braindumps Certkiller 70-662 braindumps
Certkiller 640-816 braindumps Certkiller 640-816 braindumps
Certkiller 640-822 braindumps Certkiller 640-822 braindumps
Certkiller 350-030 braindumps Certkiller 350-030 braindumps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moms Of Boys Forum Index -> Raising Boys Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: