Moms Of Boys Forum Index Moms Of Boys

Click "Register" to join. Once logged in, to post a new topic, click 'new topic' at the top or bottom of the message board. To post a reply, click on the original post listed, and then click 'post reply' at the top of the screen.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP ME NAME MY SON!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moms Of Boys Forum Index -> Raising Boys Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I LOVE BLUE!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: HELP ME NAME MY SON!!! Reply with quote

I am new to this and hoping that some of you can help me name my 4th and final son. Well not really name him but offer advice for me on some name choices/options or even a new name I might not have thought of!

We have three sons and at my 13 week sonogram they said that baby #4 is a BOY too! Surprise Surprise...LOL! I cried and am dealing with Never having a daughter to share with and cry with and pass things along too...well a Best Friend you might say. My mom is certainly mine especially after I experienced the joys of motherhood. OH BACK TO THE TOPIC.

My husband named our oldest, [b]Logan Todd[/b], so naturally I named the second one. I picked a name that I loved and it was [b]Lucas 'Luke' Ray[/b]. When we delivered our third and it was also a boy we decided that we would use the letter L so as not to leave him out...lol! Very silly I know but that is what I thought. So he is [b]Landry Wayne[/b]. Now I have 3 boys with L names and most certainly need another L name to go with it. Their middle names are after family members.

So here are a few names we have talked about:

Landen
Lewis
Levi
Lane
Lance
Lex

with these options for the middle name (again these are family names):

Samuel
Jackson
Lloyd

So what do you think will sound great together and go with my other boys names nicely and not sound too much alike?
jaciemack

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Levi and Lewis i think go the best with your other sons names and would sound very nice with any of the middle names you have. I think my favorite is Lewis Lloyd. the double L sounds unique to me. It just rolls right off the tongue.
wekiwa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Lewis and Samuel for middle
Granola

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...my daddy's name was Lewis. I miss him. Smile Partial to that name.
Kacy217

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We sort of did the same thing - our three boys all have "ON" at the end of their names - Brandon, Cameron and Jackson.

So I naturally like Landon Jackson - I guess it depends on your last name too.

Congratulations!
nikks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you arent currently considering it for a first name, but I really like Lloyd. It sounds good with your other boys names too, but it depends on your surname, as someone already mentioned.
Good luck and let us know what you decide when he arrives.
vernyvern7

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Lovin' Levi Reply with quote

I love the name Levi!!!! Seems to go along with the other boys names, too.
ppaynehardy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: keep it normal Reply with quote

If there is one thing I have learned working in preschool is keep the name normal. He will so get beat up with a weird name. I like all your choices and so far non of those names have been challenging children in my classes. So good luck to you. My pick would be Landon it is different without being weird. I would pick my boys names if they sounded presidential.
mel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a pickle. I would like to offer that Landon sounds an awful lot like Landry and might be confusing. Also, your first three have two syllables, so if you want to be consistent, you might choose another with the same rythem.

I'm also having a really hard time coming up with a 3rd name. There really aren't too many nice boy names out there. Mine both have kingly names, so I guess I've also backed myself in a corner. I need to find one that fits nicely with the other two but doesn't make me sound like some obsessed Windsor family wanna-be.
prifdecop

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for good communication.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moms Of Boys Forum Index -> Raising Boys Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: