Moms Of Boys Forum Index Moms Of Boys

Click "Register" to join. Once logged in, to post a new topic, click 'new topic' at the top or bottom of the message board. To post a reply, click on the original post listed, and then click 'post reply' at the top of the screen.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stressed out momma

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tristanatorsmommy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:26 pm    Post subject: Stressed out momma Reply with quote

My son has been getting into so much trouble lately. These are things that do not strike me as "boy things" but a little more than that. For example we took away his iPod and PSP and put them in the top of our closet. We found that he had gotten into the closet and recaptured his PSP and taken it to school so we wouldn't know. SO we reclaimed it and locked our bedroom door. I came home the other night to find that he had gotten the screwdriver out and tried to remove the door knob to get back in to get it. Thankfully he was unsuccessful and he is terrible at his covert operations and I can spot it a mile away but to me, breaking into our room goes beyond a boy thing and goes towards deviant behavior. My husband says that he did much worse than that as a kid and he grew out of it (to a point). This doesn't give me much hope. Is this true? Do boys regularly do this type of thing? Sad
Granola

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.....I really don't think it's a boy thing, I'm with you. I had three of them and didn't come across anything quite like that. Don't know how old he is but you might want to talk to someone about it. Not saying he's going to turn into a juvinile deliquant, LOL, sorry, just thinking it might help. I can see a girl doing the same thing. Come to talk anytime sweetie.
Casey

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This doesn't seem so bad to me. Of course it is defiant, but it is also resourceful. I'm not sure children at his age have such a concept of privacy and breaking in as we have. I remember snoopng in my parents bedroom all the time and even inding their old love letters and reading them. I had no idea how bad that was until i saw how upset my father was when he caught me. Yes, he did the wrong thing, and yes I think there need to be some consequences that he might learn from, but I really don't think that his behavior is abnormal..... i hope you feel better Smile
ppaynehardy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: My son did!! Reply with quote

I had the same thing happen to me. I took my son's electronic toys because he would not do his homework. That stinker went into my room and searched out his DX. I was so angry when I saw him with it again. He acted like he was owed to have all his toys and not be punished. I told him exactly what I OWED him I told him if he didn't start doing his homework and he went looking for his things in my room again... I was going to take every last thing out of his room and leave a mattress, 1 set of sheets, 5 pairs of clothes, and that was it. That was all I owed him. I was all set to do it and when he could see I was serious he bargained with me that if he got a good grade that I would leave his things. I still struggle with him years later. I have to have him sit at the dining room table to do homework. He still is sneaky and tries to get away with things. I just keep trying to have the consequences fit the crime. Good luck.
jent101

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a year old thread but I want to give my experience on having a troubled boy in my home. It was so difficult for me to discipline him. You're right I also kept his play consul and even toys. He is not active on school and getting me a headache but my friend recommended me a kids boot camp. I give a shot and it really had a good turn-out on my son. He wants to take another boot camp next season.

I'm glad that he wants to be in a boot camp!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moms Of Boys Forum Index -> Saying Hi! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: