Moms Of Boys Forum Index Moms Of Boys

Click "Register" to join. Once logged in, to post a new topic, click 'new topic' at the top or bottom of the message board. To post a reply, click on the original post listed, and then click 'post reply' at the top of the screen.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm new!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Momofboys

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: I'm new! Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

I'm new here. My name is Krystal and I am a 27 year old mom to three beautiful, loud, messy BOYS! Logan (8 years) Layne (4 years) and Eliot (2 months)

Im always looking for advice and support from other moms who have raised boys and its nice to talk to people that may have the same fears that I have. A few weeks after we had Eliot (on April 13th) my husband got a vasectomy so the door is firmly closed and nailed shut on the possibility of ever having a daughter.

I just wonder do any of you think about grandchildren? I worry that when my sons have children I won't be as involved as the moms set of parents. I mean... daughters always turn to their mothers for advice on babies and stuff right? I feel like that an area that I will be missing out on!

Anyways... I can't wait to get to know you all!
4farmboys

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that it might be a little premature to be worrying about grandchildren but I can say that my husband is always turning to his mom. Anytime we have questions about our boys he calls his mom for advice. I think parent-child relations have more to do with your interactions than the fact that they are boys.

So my advice is to enjoy your kids now and create a good relationship with your boys. And someday, when they become adults, they will come to realize that you really are a genius Rolling Eyes

Carrie
Granola

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...welcome sweetie!!! I have three grown son's, no girls, two married, three grandchildren. My boys love me to pieces, they go to their dad for most advice, fine with me, we have different advice to share. . Once in awhile, I'll have a "moment" with them, and I share what little wisdom I have, LOL, with them. You are correct, for the most part, that daughters are more attached to their mom's, I've come to deal with that. I take what I can get. It depends on the family dynamics. One DIL is from a divorced family, we are closer, unfortunatley, they are on the west coast, I'm on the east coast. The other DIL is about 40 mins. away, her family lives in the same town as I do. They get priority., again, I'm resloved to that. Got a piece of advice, coming here from an old hippie , LOL!!! I'm a few months shy of 60, grew up in the 60's. When my children were old enough to understand I sat them down and made them listen to Simple Man by Lynard Skynard, a repeat for some here, sorry, and in those lyrics is all that your boys need to know about life. Smile My oldest choose it for the song that he and I danced to at his wedding, he listened. Smile No matter how little contact you have with your boys, YOU will always be their mom, and you will be such an important part of their lives, it just won't seem like it sometimes.
Momofboys

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much ladies!!

I really appreciate your advice granola! You have certainly been through the raising boys war and survived!! I think Im going to have a hard time letting another woman into their lives!! They are my babies and always will be... and I know I will find it hard when the wives familes gets priority.. it will bother me... but I guess I deal with that when I get to it! I want them so badly for them to be good men!!

Do you get any time with your grandchildren? and how close are you with the DILs? LOL.. sorry for the questions but im curious!

oh and I am totally in love with that song! I will do as you said when they get older... right now I sing to them, "you can't always get what you want... but if you try sometime you just might find.. you get what you need" LOL... mostly in Wal-Mart. Smile
Tav Mom

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4farmboys wrote:
I think that it might be a little premature to be worrying about grandchildren but I can say that my husband is always turning to his mom. Anytime we have questions about our boys he calls his mom for advice. I think parent-child relations have more to do with your interactions than the fact that they are boys.

So my advice is to enjoy your kids now and create a good relationship with your boys. And someday, when they become adults, they will come to realize that you really are a genius Rolling Eyes

Carrie

Very very well said!! I couldn't have said it better myself. Smile
Keegan-7/06
Tarik- 7/08
Maeby

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I was looking through the posts I also really enjoyed reading the responses to Krystal's concerns. I share many of the same concerns as a mother of 4 boys (no girls). I often wonder about the girlfriend/dil thing and get pretty nervous about what could become of that! I have no relationship with my MIL at all! Other than trying to stay far away...(w/ good reason) but none the less she is his mother. So I get worried about what that might show my boys, (because they do pick up on it). They are not that close to her either but I still get concerned that they may think his is "normal". My oldest is just getting to the age (16), where he will begin to possibly get more serious in the dating interest. He's also more detached than the rest of my boys in some ways, so Im afraid my 1st may be the hardest with accepting his choices! By the time Im done with him I may be to tired to fight the rest! lol So like Krystal I really appreciate any advice in this department! As for now I just live by (4 farm boys) advice and "Enjoy them now, staying close and believing that one day they will understand what a genius I am!!" lol
Granola

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.....I was ALWAYS close to my MIL, I think they loved me more than my parents, LOL!! So, that's just the way I thought it was suppose to be - surprise. I miss her so much. Yes, your boys WILL pick up on that tension, sounds as if there are some things going on that perhaps you can't control. What's that damn saying? As son is a son until he takes a wife. a daughter is a daughter the rest of her life. Nice, huh? LOL!! We'll all be fine. Smile
jonnblaze

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take what I can get. It depends on the family dynamics. One DIL is from a divorced family, we are closer, unfortunatley, they are on the west coast, I'm on the east coast. The other DIL is about 40 mins. away, her family lives in the same town as I do. They get priority., again, I'm resloved to that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moms Of Boys Forum Index -> Saying Hi! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: