Moms Of Boys Forum Index Moms Of Boys

Click "Register" to join. Once logged in, to post a new topic, click 'new topic' at the top or bottom of the message board. To post a reply, click on the original post listed, and then click 'post reply' at the top of the screen.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Boys are home less and less - How do you fill that time?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wo-Manx3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Boys are home less and less - How do you fill that time? Reply with quote

What do all you mom's with boys do when the boys are home less and less frequently, or are off to practise with their dad (who is the coach) so he is gone too? I gather that I need to figue out how to fill this "free time" but I don't have a clue what to do with myself? I need to join something, but I am just wondering how most of you moms are spending your free time when your role as a "mom" begins to change as the kids get older?
Tav Mom

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang! I'm not even close to that yet!! Wink We homeschool so I'm always around the boys or at least one boy or another. Very Happy I will keep my eye on the responses to this question.
Keegan-7/06
Tarik- 7/08
eesuch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: teen boys home less and less Reply with quote

Hello! First time reading and responding on this site. I am Mom of two boys ages 12, soon to be 13 and 14, soon to be 15 year olds. I am really in that transition of trying to learn how to "mother" boys of this age. I have felt like I'm waiting for them at home to I have something to do. It's getting better, though. I don't feel like I have to do housework all day long. This summer I will focus on completing pesky projects that I'll feel good about completing but I'll also play tennis, exercise and make plans to leave the house more. My boys are ready for this, need it, and actually like to be on their own! I'm now worrying more, though, about how I respond to my 14 year old new "teen attitude". He's the one that's very social and always has somewhere to be. I'm glad for all his friends/activities because this is healthy and it's what he needs to thrive. However, his time at home is becoming less pleasant. This morning he passed by me and said "move" instead of 'excuse me' or something gentler. This really bothered me. My natural reaction my not be the most effective, I realized, so this is why I started online searching for some reading to do on this topic. I look forward to reading any feedback. Thanks!
Tav Mom

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see my sons saying Move. Smile My oldest is now 10 and he is wanting to spend time away from the house more and more. I'm not ready for this to happen.
Keegan-7/06
Tarik- 7/08
IoanIancu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Boys are home less and less - How do you fill that time? Reply with quote

My 4 year old would be thrilled to spend her days playing barefoot in plum creek with a homemade bonnet swaying on it's strings down her back.
bestfriend

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wonder do any of you think about grandchildren? I worry that when my sons have children I won't be as involved as the moms set of parents. I mean... daughters always turn to their mothers for advice on babies and stuff right? I feel like that an area that I will be missing out on!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moms Of Boys Forum Index -> Saying Hi! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: