Moms Of Boys Forum Index Moms Of Boys

Click "Register" to join. Once logged in, to post a new topic, click 'new topic' at the top or bottom of the message board. To post a reply, click on the original post listed, and then click 'post reply' at the top of the screen.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Overwhelmed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KatieLady

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Overwhelmed Reply with quote

Hi. I'm a mom of two boys. I'm pregnant with my unexpected third. All 3 boys will be 16 months apart, so I will have 3 under 3 (all very painful C-sections). I was really hoping for a girl. I know it sounds selfish, but I have no girl friends. I work full-time as a high school science teacher and I do not have my own classroom, so I literally run around the school all day. I'll have to go back to work when the baby is around 6 weeks after a c-section and I'll be harassed again because I pump and need a space to pump. My husband will not entertain the idea of me staying home. I alone cook and clean, get the kids up and dressed and put to bed. Husband will also not pay for a cleaning person to help me out once a month. I am feeling so tired and overwhelmed. Does anyone else here work full time? Please offer some advice.
sharon
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:52 am    Post subject: Overwhelmed Reply with quote

Wow, you do really sound overwhelmed and exhausted. I don't know how you can possibly teach (which is so tiring and draining -- done it before) and do everything at home. Sounds like you can't talk to your husband at all. I've found that going to a counselor (both of you together) and talking about the marriage, your feelings, expectations, etc. can be helpful because a third party gives validation to your feelings. Sure, it's another expense, but I've found it's well worth it to pay a hundred bucks an hour every now and then to feel validated and to have a third party express my feelings to my husband in a way that might reach him more than I've been able to do. Would your husband go with you to a counselor?

And if you are teaching and making money, why can't you decide to hire a maid service to come in once a month to do the heavy cleaning? It's not just his money, and you know what you need mentally, physically, and emotionally. Sometimes, a cleaning service is not a luxury but a necessity.

Hang in there.
Tav Mom

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:46 am    Post subject: Re: Overwhelmed Reply with quote

sharon wrote:
Wow, you do really sound overwhelmed and exhausted. I don't know how you can possibly teach (which is so tiring and draining -- done it before) and do everything at home. Sounds like you can't talk to your husband at all. I've found that going to a counselor (both of you together) and talking about the marriage, your feelings, expectations, etc. can be helpful because a third party gives validation to your feelings. Sure, it's another expense, but I've found it's well worth it to pay a hundred bucks an hour every now and then to feel validated and to have a third party express my feelings to my husband in a way that might reach him more than I've been able to do. Would your husband go with you to a counselor?

And if you are teaching and making money, why can't you decide to hire a maid service to come in once a month to do the heavy cleaning? It's not just his money, and you know what you need mentally, physically, and emotionally. Sometimes, a cleaning service is not a luxury but a necessity.

Hang in there.

I could not have said it better!! Good luck and keep posting here. It really really does help!
Keegan-7/06
Tarik- 7/08
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moms Of Boys Forum Index -> Saying Hi! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: