Moms Of Boys Forum Index Moms Of Boys

Click "Register" to join. Once logged in, to post a new topic, click 'new topic' at the top or bottom of the message board. To post a reply, click on the original post listed, and then click 'post reply' at the top of the screen.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Boys and the Bathroom
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moms Of Boys Forum Index -> Raising Boys Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmboys

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Boys and the Bathroom Reply with quote

My oldest is 6 years old and I am struggling with the mess around the toilet in our bathroom. My 3 year old is still sitting on a training potty and I am avoiding having him stand bc of all of the mess involved.

What do you all do to avoid your bathroom being a stinky, wet mess? I feel like painting a bullseye at the bottom of the tiolet for them to aim at. Smile -Just kidding, although it is an idea.

Any thoughts, ideas, advice on having a clean bathroom would be great!
stumper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Smile Confused I am new to this group, but not new at being a mom of boys. All 5 of my boys are past potty training. But they still have a problem of missing the pissing. So now I have them clean the mess. They do not like this but they are learning to get their aim right so they don't have to clean the toilet. Confused Hope this helps. Good Luck
momto4boys

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, mine all clean up after themselves. Very Happy They don't like it, but I didn't make the mess, why should I clean it up? Good luck with it and let me tell you, it doesn't end. lol!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: I feel your pain! lol Reply with quote

Hi! I'm new here. I'm Tracy, SAHM to 7 (almost Cool year old twin boys.

My solution to the pee problem? Make them sit. My boys made such a mess in their bathroom and we were constantly cleaning it. I told them the new rule was that they must sit on the toilet at home. They can stand to go anywhere else, but at home they must sit. They balked at first, but now it's habit.

Once in a while someone will pee through the gap between the seat and the toilet, but after getting themselves wet once or twice they got the hang of it. lol Wink
Deb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, one idea I had while reading your post is to keep a box of Lysol wipes or baby wipes that pop up. Then the boys could use this as special cleaning wipes when they make a mess. Maybe that would motivate them to clean up after themselves...?
Mumof3Nic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Throw some cheerios (hehe) into the toilet and have them aim at those make it fun like the one that doesn't make a mess all day or week gets a special prize. Also the pp said to keep a box of clean up wipes by the toilet.. I wouldn't use the Lysol ones because they are not flushable but the flushable toilet wipes would be good because it won't be sitting in your garbage and they can just flush the clean up part away. This way the toilet won't be so bad and won't need to be really cleaned so often.
Aunty Jac

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't help but laugh at this one.

My three boys have perfected (seeing as none of them will own up to it) the art of

a) Holding on so long that it not only goes all around the toilet bowl but can bounce off and hit my walls leaving a nice spray patterm

b) Regularly peeing through the gap of the seat and bowl when they sit and missing them but leaving a puddle for my barefeet (YUK)

or

c) Aiming at the back of the bowl but too high and it resting at the back of the lid and then trickling down the sides onto the floor.

I think they are getting sick of my screaming but making them clean up sounds GREAT but how do I sort out the culprit of the 3 when they all blame each other.

Oh to be a mum of boys. Just as well they give great cuddles Laughing
MOM!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clorox wipes..make them wipe it down themselves.
Granola

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.....One good think about all the boys being gone I don't have to worry about falling in the toliet!, and, it happened many times. Laughing The guys were in charge of their upstairs bath. When we bought the hous the former owners had carpet in the down stairs hall half bath. Shocked It took us about two seconds to get it out of there Laughing Boys and carpted bathroom DON'T mix well.
laytonfamily

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my suggestion:
my boys have a bottle of clorox wipes under their sink. THey wipe around the toilet when they have accidents. The accidents are fewer and fewer now that they have to clean up the pee. YUCK!!
mantonmamaof2

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just stepped on a pee-soaked carpet in front of my toilet.... Shocked
the plan was a good one...execution could use some work.
boysx5

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep clorax wipes in each bathroom if you miss you get to clean it up and with having five sons we go through alot of those wipes
racerswife94

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: toilet paper Reply with quote

I have noticed its not the aim he struggles with its the shaking off. Neither of my boys are circumcised. It seems my oldest, he is 4, flicks it and gets pee everywhere.

The one thing someone told me that has not already been mentioned it using toilet paper for them to "shoot" at.

Good luck
candynflowers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally sympathise with this topic. my boys are 4.5 and 6.5 and it seems they are making more mess now than when they potty trained. My six year old is the worst, a few weeks ago he managed to get the floor from toilet side to opposite wall soaked, about an 8 foot stretch of floor. I think most of his problem is he waits too long and then doesnt pay enough attention to where he's aiming. his aim is fine if he pays attention. I also think the boys have started peeing with out holding on to their body part to aim it and just whip it out and let it go where ever. starting to make them clean up but its still an awful smelly mess every day which about makes me puke(doesnt help I am pregnant with boy#3).
hugs, lisa
mel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeeeeeewwww - this conversation makes me never want to potty train. Last February, newly pg with #2, I remember sitting with my head out the window in a snow storm because my toddler smelled so bad I wanted to puke.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moms Of Boys Forum Index -> Raising Boys Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: